Dodge Challenger Demon

General auto enthusiast topics...

Moderators: RichardA, DEALER1, Prin

User avatar
Hubcap
I donated to hsvracing.com!
Posts: 10271
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2004 12:00 am

Post by Hubcap » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:47 pm

This is the consensus on the various car websites and book of faces car groups that i am i member of and it is quite diverse.

GM groups are saying the Hennesy ZL1 will decimate all, and Dodge sucks, however, that is coming from the GM loyalists,but most are pretty cool about it.

Ford Groups are the most butthurt oddly enough, saying you can put a blower on a 40k 5.0 Mustang and get similar results, it sucks, too heavy, blah, blah..
Again , the loyalists...

Dodge folks wanna know if they should get one or continue their hellcat build, and lots of fapping, lol

Then there are the "i can't afford it so therefore it MUST suck. These are the same folks that hate on Z06's, Hellcats, GTR's, ZL1's, etc...

Then there is the group that i am in, which is most of us on this board that can appreciate any hot rod old or new no matter the cost. I can't afford a GTR or a Z, or a Demon, but dammit, this production car that has a two step, trans brake, skinnys and runs 6.15's in the 1/8th on drag radials and pulls the wheels. Pretty badass if you ask me.

You have to give SRT credit where credit is due! Their marketing on this this was awesome, as well as the reveal! Thet single handily broke the internet,lol

WhippledSnake
Sr. Postwhore
Posts: 1298
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:25 am

Post by WhippledSnake » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:51 am

Hennesy is a crook, I feel for anyone that would let that bastard near their car.

The statement from the Ford group is not wrong, but it's kind of stupid to argue that point. Hell, you could build lots of things for under half the asking price of the Demon that would run with it. The point is, Dodge is building a production car with some insane numbers. I personally love what they are doing, but then again I'm not a brand loyal nutswinger.

Could Hellcat owners not slip an upper and lower pulley and maybe an intake on their rides and have the same numbers? I'm not familiar with Dodge products, but I would think it was highly possible. I guess you still wouldn't have all the really cool things that the Demon has from the factory though (trans brake, etc.).
Last edited by WhippledSnake on Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Airwoofer
Biggest Post Whore Ever!
Posts: 4940
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:31 pm
Location: Toney, AL

Post by Airwoofer » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:00 am

What I hate is they will only make 3000 of these. Trump should scrap all that BS CAFE crap and also the gas guzzler tax BS. This is 'Merika dammit, and we like fast cars, not being told what we can't have or can't do.

DB
Biggest Post Whore Ever!
Posts: 4800
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2003 2:22 pm
Location: Closing the wastegate

Post by DB » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:14 am

Hubcap wrote:
, this production car that has a two step, trans brake, skinnys and runs 6.15's in the 1/8th on drag radials and pulls the wheels. Pretty badass if you ask me.
This is what's so cool about. That a manufacturer had the balls to pull this off. T-brake, 2 step, skinnies, using a/c to cool the intercooler water. This is stuff that only a real drag racer would think of putting in a production car but no other company would do. And to think of a production car going 6 teens...insane.
85 Burick Bro-ham. Just your average car with tag and insurance.

User avatar
TT540
I donated to hsvracing.com!
Posts: 14160
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:31 pm
Location: East Limestone
Contact:

Post by TT540 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:20 am

It goes with the adage of the 60s and 70s.... "Win on sundays, sell on Mondays". Meaning folks bought cars that where winning at the tracks.

But sadly enough, today's adage is "win the internet on sunday, sell on Monday"

WhippledSnake
Sr. Postwhore
Posts: 1298
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:25 am

Post by WhippledSnake » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:15 pm

DB wrote:This is what's so cool about. That a manufacturer had the balls to pull this off. T-brake, 2 step, skinnies, using a/c to cool the intercooler water. This is stuff that only a real drag racer would think of putting in a production car but no other company would do. And to think of a production car going 6 teens...insane.
Want to go in halfsies on one? :D

MarkuzLS1
Biggest Post Whore Ever!
Posts: 4043
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:02 am
Location: Huntsville, AL

Post by MarkuzLS1 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:26 pm

Wouldn't using the AC to cool the charge make the condenser drip on the track?
Image

User avatar
<ZZ>
King 7
Posts: 10820
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:21 pm
Location: undisclosed

Post by <ZZ> » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:44 pm

They are making a big deal over a little bity wheelstand

User avatar
TT540
I donated to hsvracing.com!
Posts: 14160
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:31 pm
Location: East Limestone
Contact:

Post by TT540 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:20 pm

Wasted motion anyways. Pffft. :lol:

User avatar
C^2
HSVracing's Realtor
Posts: 3317
Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:45 pm
Location: New Market

Post by C^2 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:07 pm

<ZZ> wrote:They are making a big deal over a little bity wheelstand
You forgot to add ...from a heavy, production run, street car.

DB
Biggest Post Whore Ever!
Posts: 4800
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2003 2:22 pm
Location: Closing the wastegate

Post by DB » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:27 pm

WhippledSnake wrote:
DB wrote:This is what's so cool about. That a manufacturer had the balls to pull this off. T-brake, 2 step, skinnies, using a/c to cool the intercooler water. This is stuff that only a real drag racer would think of putting in a production car but no other company would do. And to think of a production car going 6 teens...insane.
Want to go in halfsies on one? :D
I'll take the 1st 90 days and defer the payments, you can have it after that&#128518;
85 Burick Bro-ham. Just your average car with tag and insurance.

User avatar
TT540
I donated to hsvracing.com!
Posts: 14160
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:31 pm
Location: East Limestone
Contact:

Post by TT540 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:09 pm

DB wrote:
WhippledSnake wrote:
DB wrote:This is what's so cool about. That a manufacturer had the balls to pull this off. T-brake, 2 step, skinnies, using a/c to cool the intercooler water. This is stuff that only a real drag racer would think of putting in a production car but no other company would do. And to think of a production car going 6 teens...insane.
Want to go in halfsies on one? :D
I'll take the 1st 90 days and defer the payments, you can have it after that&#128518;
That made me wonder if these will appreciate off the lot or not. I reckon dealers will mark them up to assure they will depreciate, but its interesting to even consider.

What would be cool is if some future timed sci fi movies break it out of storage from some private. What was that movie with scarlett johansenn that did that. Some5hing about body doubles for spare parts. Had a truck and a cadillac that where new to us, but old school to them.

User avatar
<ZZ>
King 7
Posts: 10820
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:21 pm
Location: undisclosed

Post by <ZZ> » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:02 pm


User avatar
Airwoofer
Biggest Post Whore Ever!
Posts: 4940
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:31 pm
Location: Toney, AL

Post by Airwoofer » Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:14 am

<ZZ> wrote:They are making a big deal over a little bity wheelstand
Pic of said tiny wheelie. to their credit it looks like the car doesn't want to "twist".

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/why-dodge-ch ... 54408.html

WhippledSnake
Sr. Postwhore
Posts: 1298
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:25 am

Post by WhippledSnake » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:02 am

TT540 wrote:
DB wrote:
WhippledSnake wrote:
DB wrote:This is what's so cool about. That a manufacturer had the balls to pull this off. T-brake, 2 step, skinnies, using a/c to cool the intercooler water. This is stuff that only a real drag racer would think of putting in a production car but no other company would do. And to think of a production car going 6 teens...insane.
Want to go in halfsies on one? :D
I'll take the 1st 90 days and defer the payments, you can have it after that&#128518;
That made me wonder if these will appreciate off the lot or not. I reckon dealers will mark them up to assure they will depreciate, but its interesting to even consider.

What would be cool is if some future timed sci fi movies break it out of storage from some private. What was that movie with scarlett johansenn that did that. Some5hing about body doubles for spare parts. Had a truck and a cadillac that where new to us, but old school to them.
Although that's a great offer DB, I think I'll pass lol!

TT540, this car has me wondering the same thing. I mean how much longer until the guberment steps in and says ok auto makers enough is enough, this is too much power in a production vehicle. I'm not at all hoping this happens, but I just think at some point it will. Of course this is purely speculation.

Post Reply