Gordon Murray T50

General auto enthusiast topics...

Moderators: DEALER1, RichardA, Prin

Post Reply
User avatar
Hodgdon Extreme
Jr. Postwhore
Posts: 793
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:32 pm

Gordon Murray T50

Post by Hodgdon Extreme » Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:24 pm

Are we, on a car-enthusiast forum, not going to talk about this thing???

I've been watching the Murray interviews where he discusses the design and engineering details of this new machine.

I'm in awe. Gordon Murray is a badass, and I believe the T50 will be the penultimate combustion powered "drivers" car. I don't love the aesthetics of the aero fan, but I wholly respect and appreciate its functionality. It was integrated into the visual design as well as it could be.

I have started a pool for guessing the top speed of this. $20 buy in, closest without going over. There's 3 of us so far; let me know if you want in.

CAMARO-MAC
Sr. Postwhore
Posts: 1012
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:09 pm
Location: Arab, AL

Re: Gordon Murray T50

Post by CAMARO-MAC » Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:43 pm


User avatar
Nemo
ROLL TIDE
Posts: 22308
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2003 12:41 am
Location: Meridianville AL

Re: Gordon Murray T50

Post by Nemo » Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:03 pm

CAMARO-MAC wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:43 pm
Reading material.
https://jalopnik.com/the-gordon-murray- ... 1844575691
Yeah I read that last week. "it's quite small, footprint of a 911" shit a 911 is HUGE.
Image

User avatar
Nemo
ROLL TIDE
Posts: 22308
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2003 12:41 am
Location: Meridianville AL

Re: Gordon Murray T50

Post by Nemo » Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:03 pm

Hodgdon Extreme wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:24 pm
Are we, on a car-enthusiast forum, not going to talk about this thing???

I've been watching the Murray interviews where he discusses the design and engineering details of this new machine.

I'm in awe. Gordon Murray is a badass, and I believe the T50 will be the penultimate combustion powered "drivers" car. I don't love the aesthetics of the aero fan, but I wholly respect and appreciate its functionality. It was integrated into the visual design as well as it could be.

I have started a pool for guessing the top speed of this. $20 buy in, closest without going over. There's 3 of us so far; let me know if you want in.
Still too many factor to throw my money in the pot.
Image

Blind Squirrel
Sr. Postwhore
Posts: 1390
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:42 pm
Location: Fox News

Re: Gordon Murray T50

Post by Blind Squirrel » Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:14 pm

What dealer around here can I get one on order?
Is this at Landers McLarty or what?
Me, my 480 credit score and $350 deposit are ready.

User avatar
Wilson!
I absolutely have no life
Posts: 10690
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:38 pm
Location: HSV

Re: Gordon Murray T50

Post by Wilson! » Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:29 pm

Nemo wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:03 pm
CAMARO-MAC wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:43 pm
Reading material.
https://jalopnik.com/the-gordon-murray- ... 1844575691
Yeah I read that last week. "it's quite small, footprint of a 911" shit a 911 is HUGE.
it's 171" long, 17" longer than the MX5, and an inch shorter than the new Supra. that's still pretty damn small to have 690hp.

User avatar
Hodgdon Extreme
Jr. Postwhore
Posts: 793
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:32 pm

Re: Gordon Murray T50

Post by Hodgdon Extreme » Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:42 pm

Nemo wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:03 pm
Hodgdon Extreme wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:24 pm
I have started a pool for guessing the top speed of this. $20 buy in, closest without going over. There's 3 of us so far; let me know if you want in.
Still too many factor to throw my money in the pot.
That's the fun of it! Gordon Murray likes fast stuff. The F1 was 1130kg, 620hp but had slightly less frontal area than the T50 - which is 150kg lighter and up 50hp plus has a very different aero approach... The fan arrangement in "Vmax" mode is allegedly good for a 12.5% reduction in drag!!

MarkuzLS1
Biggest Post Whore Ever!
Posts: 4075
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:02 am
Location: Huntsville, AL

Re: Gordon Murray T50

Post by MarkuzLS1 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:04 pm

I like it. Would drive.
Image

Michael V
I donated to hsvracing.com!
Posts: 7223
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:23 pm
Location: 35802

Re: Gordon Murray T50

Post by Michael V » Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:24 pm

I would rather have a 90s 4x4 Vette with an LT1. At least I could park it at Wal-Mart and not worry about door dings.

User avatar
vehicular
I absolutely have no life
Posts: 12642
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2004 8:10 pm

Re: Gordon Murray T50

Post by vehicular » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:22 pm

Is this a car enthusiast forum?

User avatar
vehicular
I absolutely have no life
Posts: 12642
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2004 8:10 pm

Re: Gordon Murray T50

Post by vehicular » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:23 pm

This dude is a dweeb, but there's a lot of cool data and info here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NT8PMXCMrsM

User avatar
OMGWTFBODY
I absolutely have no life
Posts: 27779
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:07 pm
Location: I don't even know anymore

Re: Gordon Murray T50

Post by OMGWTFBODY » Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:22 am

That thing looks like it will be the bomb.
STeeL wrote:Not a bad price for unlimited dicks.

User avatar
TT540
I donated to hsvracing.com!
Posts: 14201
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:31 pm
Location: East Limestone
Contact:

Re: Gordon Murray T50

Post by TT540 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:00 am

https://www.cnet.com/google-amp/news/hy ... rion-xp-1/

That is cool.


And i aim to own one of these:

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a3339 ... ent-specs/

No ls swap though. And the white guts with reclining rear seats. Yes. Wont get dirty because no oil changes. Ha.

Post Reply