Moulton 7/25

Car shows, Meets, etc.

Moderators: RichardA, DEALER1, Prin

WDW MKR
I should help pay for bandwidth

Post by WDW MKR » Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:28 am

Damn, Dusty! Hate to hear, but glad you're alright.

J.R.
I absolutely have no life

Post by J.R. » Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:14 am

And Stacy Parker takes the Win!!!!
Jeff

Because........I'm the Crypt Keeper Bitch!

66ChevelleTT
I donated to hsvracing.com!

Post by 66ChevelleTT » Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:28 am

Hate to hear about the car Dusty, but glad you are ok. Looks like the car can be repaired fairly easy, right?
Dave
a couple of mustangs and some old chebbysImage

DB
Biggest Post Whore Ever!

Post by DB » Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:03 am

It's only cosmetic other than the turbo eating parts of my grill. Turbo will need a new compressor wheel.

It will need new bumper fillers, grill and light bezels. The driver 1/4 is the worst part from that damn cone that sits in the middle of the track. It can be pulled out but if not for that, $400 in front end pieces would fix the body.

All 4 tires are bad. I slid sideways for a loooong way. Enough to flat spot the front tires so much they have a hole in them you can stick up your fist through.

The cause was a stuck throttle. I have an adjustable bolt on the floorboard to set pedal travel. As my luck goes, the backside of my gas pedal has plastic ribs that are spaced just far enough apart that the pedal grabbed the head of the bolt. It's been like this for 2 years. Best I can tell, one of the plastic ribs cracked and that's what allowed it to flex around the head of the bolt and latch on.

I had taken power out of it. I normally have 55# on the gates in 2.5 seconds. For this pass I only had 30# on them in 3 seconds but I had a fresh set of plugs and had taken fuel out to cure a rich issue. Even with the conservative boost curve it still went 1.17 and 3.06 which is a 4.56-4.58. It was enough power to have the tires up a few inches at the gear change, when it shifted the front end dropped and it started shaking the tires. Usually I just lift and coast through, but with the peddle issue it overpowered the tires and spun out.
85 Burick Bro-ham. Just your average car with tag and insurance.

Alan Minga

Post by Alan Minga » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:57 am

DB wrote: It will need new bumper fillers, grill and light bezels. The driver 1/4 is the worst part from that damn cone that sits in the middle of the track. It can be pulled out but if not for that, $400 in front end pieces would fix the body.

All 4 tires are bad. I slid sideways for a loooong way. Enough to flat spot the front tires so much they have a hole in them you can stick up your fist through.

Hit up old spoolfool for a sponsorship on the fillers. :D
Alan Minga

"I have a quote tunnel and I'm not afraid to use it"

97_ek
Sr. Postwhore

Post by 97_ek » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:49 am

DB wrote:It's only cosmetic other than the turbo eating parts of my grill. Turbo will need a new compressor wheel.

It will need new bumper fillers, grill and light bezels. The driver 1/4 is the worst part from that damn cone that sits in the middle of the track. It can be pulled out but if not for that, $400 in front end pieces would fix the body.

The cause was a stuck throttle. I have an adjustable bolt on the floorboard to set pedal travel. As my luck goes, the backside of my gas pedal has plastic ribs that are spaced just far enough apart that the pedal grabbed the head of the bolt. It's been like this for 2 years. Best I can tell, one of the plastic ribs cracked and that's what allowed it to flex around the head of the bolt and latch on.

I had taken power out of it. I normally have 55# on the gates in 2.5 seconds. For this pass I only had 30# on them in 3 seconds but I had a fresh set of plugs and had taken fuel out to cure a rich issue. Even with the conservative boost curve it still went 1.17 and 3.06 which is a 4.56-4.58. It was enough power to have the tires up a few inches at the gear change, when it shifted the front end dropped and it started shaking the tires. Usually I just lift and coast through, but with the peddle issue it overpowered the tires and spun out.
That's some bad luck on the pedal sticking, but glad you made it out alright without too much damage.

chevy408

Post by chevy408 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:06 am

Wow - tough to catch up on the news this morning. Old DB has some experience gathering up the car in tough situations. Sounds like more than just luck that there wasn't more damage.

How about Stacy Parker taking the win! That will be a big boost for him.

darylkey
Hsvracing Member

Post by darylkey » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:09 am

Glad your ok DB.
Guess we should've stuck with 6-0.
With the pulled timing and dumping fuel but no nitrous we ran 2 passes at 6-0.
The bigstuff3 nitrous timers aren't wired correctly. I think I've figured it out though.

SloComaro
I should help pay for bandwidth

Post by SloComaro » Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:24 pm

CMcCarthy wrote:Sandy posted on FB that he's fine, and that the throttle did indeed hang. She posted some pics and it don't look as bad as it was when Donnie Carr hit him, but it's good and beat up.

Glad you're alright, DB.
Wat?? when was this?

QUICK306

Post by QUICK306 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:29 pm

Glad your ok DB and congrats to Stacy Parker
1993 Mustang LX Hatch
351W SUPERCHARGED
2000 Hayabusa Blue/Silver "slow rice"
2005 Danger Edge Sonic Blue
2004 CRF 70

ZoominSS
I have no life

Post by ZoominSS » Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:48 pm

What happened to the grey firebird? Did Stacy Parker outrun him or did he break? I left after 1st round
2014 Corvette

J.R.

Post by J.R. » Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:58 pm

ZoominSS wrote:What happened to the grey firebird? Did Stacy Parker outrun him or did he break? I left after 1st round
I believe he spun on the line.
Jeff

<ZZ>
King 7

Post by <ZZ> » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:57 pm

ODB...,,
Lepu is on History channel giving some G body body repair tips

jus sayin

DB
Biggest Post Whore Ever!

Post by DB » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:11 pm

If we can't get the paint to match after the repairs I'm gonna have to change names. I'm thinking..... 50 Shades
85 Burick Bro-ham. Just your average car with tag and insurance.

J.R.

Post by J.R. » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:45 pm

DB wrote:If we can't get the paint to match after the repairs I'm gonna have to change names. I'm thinking..... 50 Shades
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Jeff