Jakes Drag strip TNT 8-1-2015

Car shows, Meets, etc.

Moderators: RichardA, DEALER1, Prin

MadCow
I have no life

Post by MadCow » Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:07 pm

How is anyone with 2 pedals more or less of a poser than anyone else with 2 pedals.
89 Mustang LX... Are these jack stands welded to my car?

OMGWTFBODY
I absolutely have no life

Post by OMGWTFBODY » Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:04 pm

chevy408 wrote:Powerglide Poser (noun):
a) Race car driver who thinks it is acceptable to only shift one time while driving on a public road.
b) Race car driver who thinks 1:1 ratio is tolerable on Federal Interstates with 70 mph speed limits.
c) Race car driver who is tired of breaking sprags and/or burning up C4 clutch packs.

Come to think about it - running a powerglide on the street makes pretty good sense. Only drawback is you have to defend your transmission selection to the internet Street Car nazis. Or you can simply ignore their opinions and go with your hands-on experience.

/thread
D C wrote:
Hubcap wrote:Can someone tell me what a power glide poser is?
You're rockin' an 8 speed, right?
It's a race car, it has sticky tires.
tangerineGT wrote:
NobodySpecial wrote:Ac is not critical to a street car. Now a glide on the other hand will totally kill any street use. Or so I've heard.
because every street car should have A/c, *double overdrive, navigation and heated and cooled seats!
FTFY
STeeL wrote:Not a bad price for unlimited dicks.

J.R.

Post by J.R. » Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:11 pm

voltron wrote:I think it boils down to the individual..
I grew up driving absolute junk, I learned to drive in a '69 Ford f-100 big block 3 on the tree with wore slap out linkage bushings in a cow pasture.
my first vehicle was a 71 maverick with a 302 I built myself and a c4 in which someone had installed the hardest shifting shift kit on the planet. Everything fell off this car at some point and it got terrible gas mileage but I managed to go everywhere in it and pull my fair share of tail in.
I even drove it to Panama city one year!
Now if I'd grew up driving something with all the amenities I could see me cringing at the idea of not having overdrive and A/C.
It's worth it to me to trade the comfort for horsepower.
For a 30 something you rocked some Cool rides! Congrats big time. 8) 8) 8)

There's some hope for this country yet!!!
Jeff

Because........I'm the Crypt Keeper Bitch!

J.R.

Post by J.R. » Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:24 pm

chevy408 wrote:Powerglide Poser (noun):
a) Race car driver who thinks it is acceptable to only shift one time while driving on a public road.
b) Race car driver who thinks 1:1 ratio is tolerable on Federal Interstates with 70 mph speed limits.
c) Race car driver who is tired of breaking sprags and/or burning up C4 clutch packs.

Come to think about it - running a powerglide on the street makes pretty good sense. Only drawback is you have to defend your transmission selection to the internet Street Car nazis. Or you can simply ignore their opinions and go with your hands-on experience.
Powerglides. Best economical drag racing trans there are. Earlier this year at Jakes I was talking to Ed Bendall about trans and how the technology has progressed over the years. He told me the th350 has seen a boost in use due to it's weight and now there are 2 speed th400's that are the ticket for some.

I freaking love Drag Racing.
Jeff

Because........I'm the Crypt Keeper Bitch!

vondess
I need to post more

Re: Jakes Drag strip TNT 8-1-2015

Post by vondess » Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:17 am

Thanks again for the videos!

OMGWTFBODY

Re: Jakes Drag strip TNT 8-1-2015

Post by OMGWTFBODY » Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:25 am

vondess wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:17 am
Thanks again for the videos!
That's what she said.

Please click and subscribe!
STeeL wrote:Not a bad price for unlimited dicks.