Village of Providence Car Show 10/18/15

Car shows, Meets, etc.

Moderators: RichardA, DEALER1, Prin

EvilZ
I absolutely have no life

Post by EvilZ » Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:23 pm

sassafras wrote:
OMGWTFBODY wrote:I heard some people were rude with cars though.
There was a group of junked 70's muscle cars from Decatur who thought they were too good to donate to Still Serving Vets. Held up the line for 10 minutes while they argued among themselves of where they were going to go. Scoffed at the entrance fee and wanted to park for free. Did not follow directions when told how to leave the car show area. Got belligerent when they were corrected on how to leave the area. Parked over in the hotel parking lot where one of them proceeded to change a singular rear tire from rubber into smoke. Then acted like they didn't know who did it or how it happened.

If any of you guys see this during the car show or the first Wednesday events, stop them, kindly remind them how dumb they are, or grab me or Cody. The day is going to come when some kid gets run over by one of these idiots or the VoP has a complaint and poof the event is shut down.
This x10.

On another note I just got the final dollar amount raised for Still Serving Vets and it totaled $10,200.84.

Thanks to everyone that donated. I want to also thanks Landers McLarty Chevrolet for being our primary sponsor this year.
401k Racing - Like us on Facebook!
https://www.facebook.com/401kracing

TT540
I donated to hsvracing.com!

Post by TT540 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:54 pm

WOW! awesome what some group effort can bring in.

And as for the ass clowns, I have witnessed burnouts end a 10 year running National event. You may think it is just the burnouts, but it's not. There are always little things that add up anytime a public venue is used and when public safety gets into it, our society errors on the side of "shut it down and run away less we be on the CNN news."

EvilZ

Post by EvilZ » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:01 pm

TT540 wrote:WOW! awesome what some group effort can bring in.

And as for the ass clowns, I have witnessed burnouts end a 10 year running National event. You may think it is just the burnouts, but it's not. There are always little things that add up anytime a public venue is used and when public safety gets into it, our society errors on the side of "shut it down and run away less we be on the CNN news."
Exactly. People always say it was just one burnout what's the big deal? That's all it takes.

chris03cobra
Hsvracing Member

Post by chris03cobra » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:19 am

can anyone post some pics? wasn't able to make it and am not on facebook. thanks

Petro

Post by Petro » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:55 am

chris03cobra wrote:can anyone post some pics? wasn't able to make it and am not on facebook. thanks
Nice cars but the paint on all of them was swirled, hologramed, and dry. There was a Alfa Romeo in a white pearl that had the best paint. My wife said I ruined her on thinking a car was pretty because she notices that stuff more so now haha.
"Greater Love Hath No Man Than This, That A Man Lay Down His Life For His Friends" John 15:13
R.I.P. Brothers In Arms
“When you can do the common things of life in an uncommon way, you will command the attention of the world.” -George Washington Carver

vehicular

Post by vehicular » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:05 am

You want to complain about the paint on the rat rods, too?

DeS0t0

Post by DeS0t0 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:14 am

Petro wrote:
chris03cobra wrote:can anyone post some pics? wasn't able to make it and am not on facebook. thanks
Nice cars but the paint on all of them was swirled, hologramed, and dry. There was a Alfa Romeo in a white pearl that had the best paint. My wife said I ruined her on thinking a car was pretty because she notices that stuff more so now haha.
Pretty sure that Maserati didn't have a swirl
03 Z06

WAT TURBO?
I have no life

Post by WAT TURBO? » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:23 am

Petro wrote:
ALL of them?

You are talking about the 2015 Alfa Spyder?

Just clarifying...
GMaddict wrote:That's what happens when they get loose from the kitchen.

sassafras
Sr. Postwhore

Post by sassafras » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:26 am

Petro wrote:Nice cars but the paint on all of them was swirled, hologramed, and dry. There was a Alfa Romeo in a white pearl that had the best paint. My wife said I ruined her on thinking a car was pretty because she notices that stuff more so now haha.

Can't really hear you over the sound of going real fast.

STeeL

Post by STeeL » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:30 am

Kinda glad I didn't bring my 25 year old car to be inspected by the Paint Police :P
- Jonathan, CUDOS (Communalism, Universalism, Disinterestedness, and Organized Skepticism)
Those who are governed by reason desire nothing for themselves which they do not also desire for the rest of humankind.

TT540

Post by TT540 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:31 am

LOL. I like that comeback. May I plagiarize it?

Petro

Post by Petro » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:00 am

The Maserati was covered in them! I not by any means knocking the event or cars. I had a good time and the cars were super nice. It's just that if I owned I owned a vehicle of those caliber they wouldn't have spider web swirls and holograms in them. But that Maserati definitely had swirls in it just like the Jaguar over on that side. Anywho didn't mean to get everyone's panties in a wad. And Mike I know yours isn't finished yet.
"Greater Love Hath No Man Than This, That A Man Lay Down His Life For His Friends" John 15:13
R.I.P. Brothers In Arms
“When you can do the common things of life in an uncommon way, you will command the attention of the world.” -George Washington Carver

DeS0t0

Post by DeS0t0 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:05 am

U right. Good thing you don't own it
03 Z06

Petro

Post by Petro » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:08 am

DeS0t0 wrote:U right. Good thing you don't own it
I'm guessing that one is yours? It's not a concours event so it's expected.
R.I.P. Brothers In Arms

EvilZ

Post by EvilZ » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:16 am

Petro wrote:The Maserati was covered in them! I not by any means knocking the event or cars. I had a good time and the cars were super nice. It's just that if I owned I owned a vehicle of those caliber they wouldn't have spider web swirls and holograms in them. But that Maserati definitely had swirls in it just like the Jaguar over on that side. Anywho didn't mean to get everyone's panties in a wad. And Mike I know yours isn't finished yet.
What point are you trying to make? I'll agree the jag was pretty sad but what do you expect from a car at a dealership. Believe me I'm as OCD as any person on this forum and can pick apart anything but let's be serious this isn't concords.

Had I actually had the time to buff my car prior to the event it would have been perfect. I typically only really detail my car about once a year and after that i actually go out and enjoy it. I plan to play around with some different product this spring to hopefully keep the paint looking flawless longer. 99.9% of people think it's perfect and honestly like Ryan said I'd rather be out driving to fast for someone to notice.