Time Trial and HPDE Talledega Gran Prix Race Way Apr 9-10

Car shows, Meets, etc.

Moderators: RichardA, DEALER1, Prin

Brett W
I have no life

Time Trial and HPDE Talledega Gran Prix Race Way Apr 9-10

Post by Brett W » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:33 pm

If any one is interested in hanging out with a bunch of road racers and other road course drivers, come down Sat and Sunday to Little Talledega just south of Anniston. Short drive to enjoy a couple of days in the sun watching some neat cars chase each other around a road coarse.

http://www.motorsportreg.com/events/tgp ... ing-811928

If you have a car and are interested in running, get with me ASAP so we can get you ready and signed up. If you want to run the HPDE, I can get you an instructor and tons of seat time. Bring your helmet.
Brett W

97_ek
Sr. Postwhore

Post by 97_ek » Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:08 am

I was hoping to make this one, but my car won't be back together in time. Will make a later date this year

Brett W
I have no life

Post by Brett W » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:22 am

Come down and hang out anyways. Nothing gets you motivated like seeing other cars on track and talking to the drivers. Or if you are like me, being a spectator for a couple of years really pushed me to get my car done.
Brett W

97_ek
Sr. Postwhore

Post by 97_ek » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:41 am

Yep, I work at Honda and just being around the race team over here is what inspired me to set my Vette up for more autoX and track style than drag. They are running the MDX at Barbers this weekend, so I'll probably be out there with them

Brett W
I have no life

Post by Brett W » Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:34 pm

I talked with several of those guys at TGPR once, Honda has a nice deal for their employees. You should build a Honda product to race, they won't pay for it, but almost. More than you will get from Chevy. HAHA

Its interesting that Honda wants their employees interested in motorsports, but the cars they make are as boring as they get. (this from a guy that has owned a dozen Hondas and will be racing an Integra this weekend)
Brett W

97_ek
Sr. Postwhore

Post by 97_ek » Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:00 pm

Brett W wrote:Its interesting that Honda wants their employees interested in motorsports, but the cars they make are as boring as they get.
That's true. The NSX is the first half-decent sports car they have made in a long time. I'm still holding out hope that they will release another S2000 equivalent in the future for an affordable amount.

2006ZO6
Hsvracing Member

Driving

Post by 2006ZO6 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:20 pm

Let's see if this works.
I just had my knee replaced and every few hours my sky turns wonderful colors. All I have to do is think about it and I can fly. Did I mentioned that I was told that it is illegal for me to drive on these wonder pills they are giving me? I'll bet I will win up to the point breaking is required as its my right knee that was replaced. Time for the sexy nurse to bring me my next pill. Better living through chemistry. Have fun and if you someone flying overhead that might be me.
Have fun.

willysless
I have no life

Re: Driving

Post by willysless » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:37 pm

2006ZO6 wrote:Let's see if this works.
I just had my knee replaced and every few hours my sky turns wonderful colors. All I have to do is think about it and I can fly. Did I mentioned that I was told that it is illegal for me to drive on these wonder pills they are giving me? I'll bet I will win up to the point breaking is required as its my right knee that was replaced. Time for the sexy nurse to bring me my next pill. Better living through chemistry. Have fun and if you someone flying overhead that might be me.
Have fun.
Best post of day....flying high

97_ek
Sr. Postwhore

Re: Driving

Post by 97_ek » Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:29 am

2006ZO6 wrote:Let's see if this works.
Have fun.
I've been trying to contact you about my transmission that you said you were interested in...now I see why you probably haven't answered my message lol. Hope that knee gets better, but it looks like the doctors have you taken care of

Tackleberry
I absolutely have no life

Post by Tackleberry » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:30 am

Brett W wrote:I talked with several of those guys at TGPR once, Honda has a nice deal for their employees. You should build a Honda product to race, they won't pay for it, but almost. More than you will get from Chevy. HAHA

Its interesting that Honda wants their employees interested in motorsports, but the cars they make are as boring as they get. (this from a guy that has owned a dozen Hondas and will be racing an Integra this weekend)
I read somewhere that Honda is trying to make it's way into NASCAR.

Brett W
I have no life

Post by Brett W » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:32 am

All of the Honda plants have an amateur motorsports group of employees. They get material support from Honda and can build race cars off Honda production chassises and parts. Honda has heavily supported the One Lap Odyssey mini van. Made something like 600hp, so strong Honda had to get Xtrac or Emgo to supply a couple of gears that would take the abuse inside the transmission.

According to the folks I talked to down there, they can pull scrap production cars off the line and build track cars. Pretty neat.
https://www.facebook.com/HMARaceTeam

Its a pretty neat deal. Its also hilarious to see their bone stock minivan with a cage come out and run down Miatas and other "track" cars.
http://www.al.com/business/index.ssf/20 ... y_min.html
Brett W