Impact wrench 180 degree reverse extention?

Need help? Got some helpful info? Go here.

Moderators: RichardA, DEALER1, Prin

jholder
Hsvracing Member

Impact wrench 180 degree reverse extention?

Post by jholder » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:58 am

So I've got a bolt that faces the inside of the vehicle in the wheel well, that would love some attention from an impact wrench. However there are only a few inches of clearance between the face of the bolt and the wheel well. Plenty of room for a ratchet, wrench, etc...but not enough for my impact wrench. So I was thinking about it, surely there is some kind of gear-extenstion-180-degree-backwards-extension-thing-a-ma-bob, that would attach onto my impact wrench, drop down about 6 inches, and then point a 1/2" socket 180 degrees (read: back towards the body of the impact wrench) that would let me access the bolt. A quick google search has come up with nothing, but that may very well mean i'm looking with the wrong keywords.

Anyone ever seen anything like that?

93redgt
Biggest Post Whore Ever!

Post by 93redgt » Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:25 am

sounds like a way to make lots of money.....i would buy one if they were out there.....the problem would be strength of gears and side load

OMGWTFBODY
I absolutely have no life

Post by OMGWTFBODY » Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:41 am

Homemade breaker bar sounds like your best bet.
STeeL wrote:Not a bad price for unlimited dicks.

MadCow
I have no life

Post by MadCow » Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:34 pm

They have universal impact joints. They can swivel about 90 degrees. I never had the need to put 2 together and go 180 degrees but it might work. Also they are almost impossible to use with hand tools so you pretty much have to use an impact.

http://m.harborfreight.com/3-piece-univ ... 20provided

Here's another tool I have no experience with but they might make a 180 or 2 might do the trick.

http://toolmonger.com/2008/05/30/gearle ... t-adapter/
89 Mustang LX... Are these jack stands welded to my car?