Huntsville Racing

Events - 2017 Guntersville Air Festival

deuce - Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:15 pm
Post subject: 2017 Guntersville Air Festival
The festival is going to be held at the Guntersville Municipal Airport (8A1) in beautiful Guntersville, alabama on Saturday and Sunday September 16th and 17th, 2017.

The primary focus of the Air Festival is to provide Veterans with "Give Back Memories" by sponsoring each that applies for a sponsor paid ride in one of our Army Aviation Heritage Huey's or Cobra Helicopters over Beautiful Lake Guntersville, AL.

All proceeds from the Festival will be donated to a vetted wounded warrior organization in the area and no-one at the Guntersville Air Festival Foundation, their sponsors, or their volunteers are being compensated for their time.

The show will be full of aircraft displays both on the tarmac as well as in the air, a two day car, truck and motorcycle show, food vendors and merchants, and other exciting performances that we are working on at this time.

We have some special vehicles planned for the event already, and it would be great to have vehicles from your club at the Festival. The Vehicle Registration form can be found on the webstite at:
http://www.guntersvilleairfestival.com/pdfs/vendor_exhibitor_application_2017.pdf.
Day one of the Festival will be a Patron Voted show with Trophies and Door Prizes and Day two of the Festival will be a (4) panel Judged Event also with Trophies and Door Prizes. The Show Trophy will be awarded on Sunday. Security will be provided for those wishing to leave their tents, trailers or vehicles on the property over night. Special lodging prices have been arranged with local hotels in the area for your convenience.

Facebook : www.facebook.com/guntersvilleairfestival
TT540 - Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:25 pm
Post subject:
I will be there. Some friends of mine have been trying to get them here for a long time. Guntersville is a tad BFE to draw a large crowd, but after the HSV high wind accident, nobody in the big city wanted that risk/drama again.
Nemo - Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:43 pm
Post subject:
I am going. I haven't been to an airshow since I was a kid up north. The libs shut that down in the late 90s after I moved.